More about Our Program !!
We create lessons where learning happens through complete immersion of our children into hands-on and enquiry based projects. Our lessons are well aligned with the Next Generation Science standards (NGSS)
The Engineering Design Process is at the heart of our curriculum. Students learn to design and build solutions to solve a real world problem or a need
Topics can range from the hands on physics behind simple machines to the
Engineering design of solutions to solve real world problems.
From the chemistry behind the bleaching of coral reefs
to using the iterative Design thinking process to build your own products for a need
Our NASA inspired Engineering projects are very popular with our students
We collaborate with Museum of Science, Boston for our Engineering lessons.
For our design thinking lessons we collaborate with Stanford's Design School .
As an example, our students could be learning about light in a science class and then apply the concepts to create their own light source to solve a problem during a design thinking session. OR on another day... They have a blast learning about the physics of simple machines and then apply that knowledge to build a NASA inspired robotic arm during a Engineering lesson.
The curriculum has three key components :
- Learning concepts through Phenomenon ,visuals, stories , props , real world examples.
- Planning and building hands-on projects to apply the concepts to solve a problem.
- Knowledge check with fun games and student sharing sessions .
Lessons are sprinkled with bits of trivia on the topic that never fail to awe inspire our kids .
Special Highlights !
- Classes are held once a week for each grade for 1hr 15 mins . We have two semesters each school year and each semester offers 10-12 classes .
- Each class ends with sharing sessions where the child gets an opportunity to present their projects and ideas with the class . It is amazing to see the sparkle of confidence and pride in even our most shy students at the end of the semester.
- Every semester we will introduce the kids to one famous scientist in history and talk about their world changing inventions and lives .
- Parents are automatically subscribed to a weekly newsletter that has updates on what is going on in class and additional resources on topics covered in class
- We have a small library science books and magazines for kids . These can be checked out for a duration of two weeks per child.
- Through lesson our content we also connect students current science news and real world problems
Visit our Kids corner for additional fun learning resources.
We are dedicated to our students and very grateful for the appreciation received from our Parent community
Read our Parent/ Principal Testimonials Here