More about Our Programs !!
We create lessons where learning happens through complete immersion of our children into hands-on and enquiry based projects. The Engineering Design Process is at the heart of our curriculum.
Topics can range from the hands on physics of forces and sound to the
Engineering design of structures to solve real world problems.
From the chemistry behind green technology , atoms and molecules
to learning the iterative Design thinking process to build your own products
We collaborate with Museum of Science, Boston for our Engineering lessons.
For our design thinking lessons we collaborate with Stanford's Design School .
As an example, our students could be learning about light in a science class and then apply the concepts to create their own light source to solve a problem during a design thinking session. OR on another day... They have a blast learning about the physics of simple machines and then apply that knowledge to build a NASA inspired robotic arm during a Engineering lesson.
The curriculum has three key components :
- Learning concepts through visuals, stories and characters, props , real world examples.
- Tinkering with hands-on projects and experiments to apply the concepts .
- Knowledge check with fun games and student sharing sessions .
Lessons are sprinkled with bits of trivia on the topic that never fail to awe inspire our kids .
Special Highlights !
- Classes are held once a week for each grade for 1hr 15 mins . We have two semesters each school year and each semester offers 10-16 classes .
- Most classes end with sharing sessions where the child gets an opportunity to share their project and ideas with the class . It is amazing to see the sparkle of confidence in even our shyest kids by the end of semester.
- Every semester we will introduce the kids to one famous scientist in history and talk about their world changing inventions and lives .
- Parents are automatically subscribed to a weekly newsletter that has updates on what is going on in class and additional resources on topics covered in class
- We have a small library science books and magazines for kids . These can be checked out for a duration of two weeks per child.
- Once a month we will also talk about current science news and ongoing developments in the scientific world .